Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Road

About 6 months ago I read the Cormac McCarthy novel, The Road.  I was completely entranced by every page of its daunting, ashy, dystopian, beauty.  Father and son, the man and the boy, never given names and never needing them.  Truly incredible stuff, trailer looks pretty good but it will be extremely tough to live up to the novel  The Coen's came about as close as one can with No Country For Old Men but this work is distinctly more subtle in it's execution.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The movie looks great. I saw the trailer recently and knew it was going down.... I guess I should read the book till then, huh? It appeals to me on many levels.

Jesse M. said...

Great book, I'll bring it in to Bk w me next time and maybe even bring The Venture Bros, along for the ride.